Wildcrafting - Day 6 of 366



I adore this phrase. I stumbled over it recently when I was searching for a guide to help me identify plants and 'weeds' around my home. Wildcrafting is the practice of harvesting plants from their natural, or "wild" habitat, for food or medicinal purposes. It applies to uncultivated plants wherever they may be found, and is not necessarily limited to wilderness areas. 

It brings to mind all sorts of images of searching the woods for ingredients, draped in a cloak and carrying a handwoven basket. It sounds a lot like what Traditional Witches would have call foraging in the woods. 

I have put some books on hold at the local library so that I can do more reading on Wildcrafting and identifying plants. Given that I only have a small space to work with it would be nice to know there are local places that I can visit that will have the missing plants I need. 

Day 6 of 366

Comments

Popular Posts