In the Garden Autumn 2016: May

http://greenwitchtales.blogspot.com/2016/05/in-garden-autumn-2016-may.htmlWe have a green house! At the start of the month we began to worry about where all the seedlings and herbs
would go during the winter. Initially I had wanted them in the kitchen on the window sill because they would get plenty of sun and they would be in my line of sight so I would remember to water them.

But we soon had more plants then we knew what to do with! We found a reasonably priced basic model that comes with shelves and we knew it would be perfect for our yard. This is where we put it:


Just here behind where the cars go. It's 2m x 2m and is a bit light so we've put some stones on the base shelves to stop it getting blown over in the wind.

We also found out you shouldn't put cardboard on the shelves to help rest smaller pots because snails use the cardboard to get to your plants! I'm down one pot of parsley because of a sneaky snail.

I've slowly been adding things to the green house but I'm worried about forgetting some of them. I purchase 2 blueberry plants over the weekend (they say you need two to help with pollinating) but they love sunshine. So I might have to risk having them outside some days so they don't miss to much sun.

For now things are plodding along. I'm looking forward to September and being able to start planting things up. For now I'm doing what I can to prepare myself for the work to come. And studying so that I know what I'm doing. Well I can pretend I know what I'm doing! I learn by doing so this is a good chance to try things.

Comments

Popular Posts