My Week Away



Sometimes you just need to completely disconnect from your day-to-day life and forget your worries. I was lucky enough to have the opportunity to do that over the last week and I feel amazing for it.

I spent 6 wonderful days at the beach enjoying the cooler Autumn weather and the last of the sunny days of the year. I spent a lot of time walking on the beach as well as around the park where I was staying. I did some shopping and found some books to add to my collection. I did a lot of reading, some crocheting as well as some journal writing.

I collected shells and driftwood and have created a seaside jar to be able to take home and remember my time by the sea. I've seen some ideas around creating an elemental Altar so this might be the start of a new practice for me. 

I love the freedom of a holiday and knowing my time is my own. I don't have to do anything at all, just take care of myself. I love being able to wake up when I'm ready and go to bed when I feel like it. I like to wander through markets and buy fresh food to have that day, spending time preparing it and enjoying it.

Autumn is the perfect time of year to visit the beach, it's so quiet you'd hardly know how busy it can get in summer. The leaves are falling and everything is getting ready for winter.

While I had a lovely time away, I am rested and I have some big plans for what I will study next. My time away has grounded me and given me more of a drive than ever to improve my knowledge and daily practice.   

Day 19 to 25 of 366

Comments

Popular Posts