Spells for clearing the mind and settling the spirit




I know I'd love to only report on the good happy things that this task is bringing me. And in all honesty, my year and a day is the only thing bringing joy to my day. So in that respect I know I'm on the right track and I'm doing what I really want to be doing. 

As an introvert I know I am at my best when I spend time alone to reflect and gain energy. I also know that if I don't make sure some of this down time is spent in the quiet of nature surrounded by living plants, trees, and animals I get this build up of 'the grumps'. I seem to be suffering from that today. I haven't been somewhere quiet in nature since the summer holidays, even then I was with other people.

I've been working on a mind clearing spell to help me ground myself and clear my thoughts. I find when I get the grumps I often have a lot going on in my head and any new conversation or idea feels like too much to deal with. I start to get cranky at people who don't deserve it. I suppose these traits are key reasons I am a solitary witch and not a member of a coven. Well those reasons and the fact that I seem to have a very different view of Witchcraft. It being a practice and not a religion to me.

I have some time off from my day job booked in at the end of April. The girls and I are going to the beach. I also find the sea very cleansing and rejuvenating. Even if it's too cold to swim, just being near the sea makes me feel calm and renewed. We have started a strange tradition of heading to the beach in Autumn when most people prefer to go in the warmer seasons. We like that it's quieter and we have the run of the beach to ourselves.

As part of this trip I will be doing what I can to listen and learn from nature as I visit. It will be a week away from the hum drum of my day job and all the usual tasks and questions I'm faced with every day.

Day 11 of 366



Comments

Popular Posts