A few thoughts one week in




I suppose I learn best by reading, observing, being instructed and then given a chance to have a go myself while being observed and provided feedback. But when it comes to art or creativity I prefer to read and then brainstorm. I like to bounce some ideas off other people but really it's all up to me.

I have taken this second approach to learn about my Witch's Garden mainly because it feels like a work of art to me. And while advice and a few outside ideas are great, it needs to be my creation. I have a few people to turn to for advice but I hate to bug them all the time. In my efforts to learn and discuss how to go about my year and a day I headed over to forums and google+ communities to see if there were any groups I could join and chat with.

I have found some excellent communities for Herbalism and Wildcrafting, there are a lot of people out there willing to share their knowledge. There are still a number of people out there trolling and posting negative comments about witches and witchcraft. I have done my best to steer clear of these people, who needs that sort of abuse in their life?

It brings me to another thought of mine. I don't see witchcraft as a religion myself, but I accept others who do. I don't follow Wicca but I respect those who chose to. The same goes for any religious, spiritual, life choice or belief.  I don't believe in the devil or hell, be it the Christian or Satanism view - but I respect other people's choices and beliefs. I would never force my ideals on someone else and I expect the same in return.

I believe in an afterlife but I also believe that we need to make the most of the time we have now on earth. I don't believe in harming others or being generally nasty towards others. I believe in treating people how you would like to be treated. I believe we each decide our own values and we live our lives within them. I believe in the concept of karma, cause and effect, and what you send out into the world comes back to you.

I also believe that we all have a choice in the person we become. We all have different beginnings, we can't change the past but we can make choices for our future.   

Being in the garden over the weekend with the sun shining had me contemplating all sorts of things so I thought I'd share them. 

Day 9 of 366



Comments

Popular Posts