Silent, Secret, Solitary




Did I choose to become a Solitary witch so that I could keep it a secret? I suppose in some ways I did. I prefer to choose who to entrust with this knowledge. I don't feel ashamed of who I am, but I do want to protect myself from judgement and questions.

I wouldn't say it's a guarded secret, my being a witch. If I was asked directly I would admit to it, and I have done that in the past. I just don't openly shout it from the rooftops. None of my colleagues know, I don't see the need for the people I work with to know. Having this blog has become a real blessing. It's a place I can be open and share my journey. 

Sometimes being a solitary witch feels a lot more like being silent. Its what makes it feel like I'm keeping a secret when in reality I just prefer to be alone when I study and practice witchcraft.

In this day and age we have the internet to allow us to connect with others. I have been venturing out in search of other witches that are learning the ways of the Green Witch but have not had much success. The few people I have connected with don't spend much time online, which I suppose is a good practice for a green witch.

Today has felt long. It's warm out and it looks as though summer has come back. But we're well into Autumn now and Winter is just a month away. I must say I am enjoying watching my garden evolve and change. I have moved some of my seedlings into the house and will moving more things inside this weekend.
 













Day 13 of 366


Comments

Popular Posts