Study Guide and Assessing what I want to learn

When I sat down and decided that I wanted to spend this year learning how to be a green witch I was focused solely on the garden and studying plants. After starting a study inspiration board on pinterest I realised there are a lot of other aspects about witchcraft I need to learn about.

I'd like to know more about the tools and practices of others who have come before, as well as herbs and plants I grow. To know that I have made the right choices and understand witchcraft I want to spend time reading and taking notes on a number of subjects.

A lot of the books I have been studying do cover aspects of the other areas I'm interested in. I feel that creating a list of subjects with subtopics will help me narrow down things to research and what to look for.

After reading more about what others learn in their studies I had really lacked scope in my initial outline. So after a few days to really look at the information out there and what I want to know I have devised the following study guide.

Subjects

Principles of Magic & Nature Lore
Magic (what is magic and how does it work? the theory of magic, reverence for nature)
Aurae and Energy

The Calendar and Ceremonial Magic
Wheel of the Year (how to track the seasons of nature and thereby celebrate nature)
Meditation (why meditate, how to meditate, different forms of meditation)
Altars and Shrines

Tools and Symbolism
Amulets and Talismans (making and using amulets and talismans)
Comparative Symbology (understanding symbols, why use symbols?)
Incense (the use of incense for magic, how to mix incense)
Candles and Colour Magic (using candles and colour for magic, understanding colour)

History & Mythology
Fairy Tales (explore the nature and purpose of fairy tales)
Comparative Mythology
Celtic Mythology
Greek Mythology
Roman Religion
Sumerian Mythology
Egyptian Mythology
Norse Mythology

Herbology
Medicinal Herbs (the study of herbs and its uses for magic and healing)
Aromatherapy & Oils (the use of oils for magic, the basics of oils, also what are essential oils)
Culinary Herbs

Divination
Astrology (the study of the stars, understanding yourself, using astrology for magic and divination)
Tarot (divination with tarot)
Runes (divination with the Norse runes)
Scrying (the crystal ball; other methods of scrying)

It does seem like a lot to cover but as I mentioned I want to learn and have a basic understanding of all areas of witchcraft not just the green magic I'm most drawn to. I feel that learning and being able to summarise facts about these topics and including them in my grimoire would help me become a well rounded witch. 

Day 29 of 366

Comments

Popular Posts