A wind has blown the rain away

http://greenwitchtales.blogspot.com/2016/05/a-wind-has-blown-rain-away.html"A wind has blown the rain away and blown the sky away and all the leaves away, and the trees stand. I think, I too, have known autumn too long." e. e. cummings


The last 3 days have been cold, wet and just a sample of what we can expect this winter. It feels too much like winding down and my garden just has to wait it out until spring. 

I found some lavender on my walk yesterday and decided to take a few sprigs for a vase I have at home. After taking the flowers it seemed a shame to let some of the small sprigs decompose in my compost. So I have trimmed them and added them to a small cup hoping they will sprout roots. It's the wrong time of year for starting cuttings but I'm hoping that having them inside will trick them into thinking its warmer weather. 

I enjoy the rain really, its so good for the garden and it smells good too. I think its the grey skies and the cold that make me feel reserved. More like I'm going through the motions. Each day feels the same because there is no planting, no flowers about to bloom. 

I shouldn't think that way, my garlic is planted and we have bulbs in the ground to look forward to this September. The citrus plants are in and happy, we have some other plants waiting out the cold ready to spring to life. 

I don't feel that I have been learning much since Samhain. I still have a number of books there to read and take notes on but I haven't been doing it. With the rain keeping me indoors you'd think I'd get even more done. It might be worth outlining what I want to learn and take notes on. I might be seeing the whole thing as too big and it's too hard to start. 

My goal for tonight is to write an outline of what I want to learn before the end of Autumn and some ideas of what will follow that.

Day 36 of 366



 

Comments

Popular Posts