Wandering in Nature: Arthurs Seat State Park Day 34 of 366




I loved that this park had areas for picnicking, sightseeing and walking but it still had large areas protected and safe from people.

It wasn't too busy when I visited it so you could really enjoy the quiet, just listening to nature. There is something about wild areas of nature that fill me up with energy and make me happy.

Hearing the birds high up in the trees as my feet crunch stones and balk as I walk along. The best opportunity to get out of my head and into my body. While I do still think things over and find my mind wondering, I spend a lot more time in the present, thinking about my surroundings and the moment I am in. 

It's an excellent reminder for me to slow down and get out of my head more often. I find myself over-thinking and people-pleasing more and more. I put pressure on myself and the stress starts to build up as well as bad habits like neglecting my health and wellbeing. 

Taking a daily walk for my mental health is really an essential part of my practice and routine. I do recommend it, especially when it feels hard to make yourself go - those are the times you need it the most. 





So much to be grateful for.

Day 34 of 366

Comments

Popular Posts