The First Day of Winter




I've been having those kinds of mornings, the ones where it feels impossible to get out of bed because it's so cold and all you want to do is snuggle back down under the blankets and go back to sleep. I'm sure I should have been the kind of animal that hibernates during winter.

Today marks the first day of winter in Australia and even though its not my favourite time of year there are a number of things I'm looking forward to. Things such as the winter solstice and watching my garden as it changes to suit winter.

I'm not a fan of the cold but I enjoy a bit of rain and storms. I suppose storms are more common with warm weather.

I've started to feel a bit low, it's a habit I seem to have developed at this time of year. There is less sunshine and the days are shorter, I've never been a fan of leaving for work in the dark and returning home in the dark. But I want to make this year different. I don't want to spend 3 months moping around feeling sorry for myself.

I'm going to use my study time to really focus on my witchcraft and practising gratitude. I have a number of projects and challenges that I've taken on and I don't need to lose all this time for no good reason.

I've started writing a list of the things I want to accomplish this winter. I've also been learning more about project management and how I can tackle all of these things. My next step with my list is to break it down into time management slots and take action on getting them done.

Visit the Snow
Spend 4 hours per week studying Witchcraft
Take weekly photos of the garden
Try new soup recipes each week
Set up a desk in the spare room for studying
Set up indoor plants & Terrarium
Celebrate my 30th Birthday
Prepare the garden for spring


Day 58 of 366


Comments

Popular Posts