A Cleansing Fire Ritual for the Winter Solstice

 


I sit here in a warm cozy home, watching over Dusty, Angel, and Possum and I almost let the solstice slip by without notice. I've been letting my mind hibernate, doing what I can to rest and recover from a severe case of burnout. I've been doing less and less, the minimum functions to just be. It's not a good feeling but the burnout really took its toll on me. 

I have time away from my job and I am trying to figure out how to heal. It's like I had been spending time trying to fill my bucket with water only to discover it has holes in it. Figuring out how to fill the holes is very new and I'm not entirely sure how to know when it's working. 

Remembering the solstice was a happy coincidence. Usually, I would spend more time in preparation and really make the most of this time of year but a fire ceremony will work beautifully for me. I am going to do a simple release and cleansing ceremony. 

I've spent some time writing down the memories, emotions, and things from this past year that I want to be able to leave behind. Having these negative things keep coming up isn't serving me so I want to take what lessons I can from them and move on. 

I'll burn my note along with some herbs from the garden in the hearth. I'll meditate on the feelings and images that come to me while I cleanse the negativity away. 

The solstice is known to be the longest and darkest night of the year. I am feeling grateful that tonight I have the company of a few furry friends and also the stars of the night sky. It may be dark and the night will be long but it sure is spectacular. 

Sending positive vibes, love, and light  xx

Comments

Popular Posts