Dream interpretation, teeth

 


Every now and again I have this stage thing happen in my dreams. The dream in general changes but the strange thing is that all of a sudden some of my teeth are loose in my mouth and I spit them out. It doesn't hurt and there is generally no blood, it's more like when I was a child and a loose tooth fell out only none of mine were loose and it was a few at a time. 

I did have stubborn teeth as a child. They all wanted to stay when my adult teeth were coming through. At one point I had 4 extra teeth because my canine teeth had come through but my baby teeth weren't ready to let go. One of my bigger teeth broke into 3 pieces and it took a while for each of those to fall out as the new tooth came through. So as you can imagine I have vivid memories of what it felt like in my mouth. 

One popular idea is that losing your teeth in a dream is about control—or lack thereof. It's safe to say that you probably wouldn't choose to have your teeth fall out at night. When you have this dream, you might want to ask yourself if there's anything going on in your life that makes you feel powerless such as an issue that's out of your hands or a sudden overwhelming change.

There are a number of other interpretations of course but I do feel this one seems to resonate with things for me right now. Looks like I have some meditation and inner work to do. 

Emilia

Comments

Popular Posts