THE CALENDAR AND CEREMONIAL MAGIC: Celebrating Imbolc

 



Hello August! While it is still winter here in Australia, it's exciting to know that winter is almost at its end. We still experience a lot of cold days, August is snow season in the mountains here. But the sun is staying out longer and I can feel spring on the horizon. While I still can't do much with my garden, the frost is lethal to any new plants, I can plan out what I would like to grow this spring and make a plan for starting them off inside the house!

In celebration of Imbolc I am of gathering poems, quotes, and white objects and adding them to my gratitude garland. All of these items will be used to welcome back the sun after such a wet cold winter. Traditionally people burn candles and have fires as well so I hope to do this in the evening. I have also read that Imbolc is the traditional time to collect stones for magical purposes. So I'll also be taking myself off into the woods to collect stones and other bits and pieces. 

Gratitude Garland {source: Gypsy Girls Guide}

I will also be doing some much-needed spring cleaning: cleaning, repairing, or replacing working tools; replenishing altar supplies; cleaning and cleansing ritual spaces, and getting things ready for the coming seasons. Not just cleaning for cleaning sake but contemplating the meaning of this time of year and actively celebrating it through action.  

Day 119 of 366




Comments

Popular Posts